How we make a cup tea seems to be personal to everyone, we all consider our way of making a perfect cuppa is the best.
Here is our method for a perfect cup of rooibos tea.
- Use freshly boiled water when making a perfect cup of rooibos tea. Then warm your teapot by rinsing with the boiled water.
- And then place one rooibos tea bag per cup into the warm pot or heaped teaspoon of loose rooibos tea per cup. Alternatively, use one redbush teabag in a mug. Add freshly boiled water.
- Then leave to brew your rooibos for a minimum of 3 minutes. Over brewing is not a problem, rooibos does not have the bitter aftertaste associated with regular teas.
- Once ready serve on its own or add honey or sugar with slices of lemon for a tasty, perfect cup of rooibos tea.
- Milk rules. When brewing in a cup, add the milk into the cup after the rooibos tea. When brewing in a teapot, add the milk first into the cup. This will prevent scalding fats in the milk.
- You can use your microwave to brew rooibos tea by placing one rooibos tea bag into a cup of cold water and then microwave at maximum power for 2 minutes.